Do you want to move a car to Alaska from the U.S Mainland? Well, then you have landed at the right place. We will give you a thorough comparison of different approaches you can take to get it across. Just make sure to stick to this guide till the end, you will know exactly what you need to do by the end.
Methods of Car Transport to Alaska with Pros and Cons:
Driving the Car to Alaska:
If you love to have long road trips in your trusty ride, then you will find this option most appealing. The beautiful scenery and the adventurous trip will appeal to you. Now depending on your location, there are a couple of routes you can take, let’s discuss them below:
- Alaska-Canada Highway: Alcan Highway begins in Dawson Creek and takes you to Alaska via a single paved roadway. If you are currently in Canada, it might be the best route for you.
- Trans-Canada Highway: You can use this route if you are coming from the eastern side of the U.S. The length of the highway is 4,860 miles, and you will definitely enjoy being close to the Wilderness of Canada.
- Stewart-Cassiar Highway: A journey through the gorgeous scenery of British Columbia is perfect if you are located in Canada or near it.
- Alaska Marine Highway: If you are near Bellingham, WA, then you can transport your car via ferry trip that will directly get you to Alaska and cut the long highway journey.
- You will get to enjoy an adventurous trip through the beautiful sights of nature
- You can set the pace of your journey as you will be in full control
- There are some things you cannot ship in a container, but when you are driving, take anything you want
- You will save some money that you would’ve spent on car shipping companies
- If your car breaks down, you can face massive delays, plus, finding a mechanic can be hard based on your location
- Gas, food and accommodation expenses can put a dent in your budget
- The trip can be very long, you might get bored, and your back may start to hurt from all the driving
Car Shipping to Alaska:
Using auto shipping companies to move a car is a pretty straightforward process, and you don’t have to do anything. Many companies even offer door-to-door service where they will pick up the car, ship it, and drop it on your desired location.
You can also opt for a DIY approach where you will drive the car to the port and pick it up from the destination port. Let’s see some of the potential benefits and drawbacks with this method:
- There are some variables and moving parts when it comes to getting a car to Alaska, if you have a vehicle transport company with you, they’ll do all the hard work
- Your car will not be driven to thousands of miles which means it won’t be subjected to wear and tear that occurs with long route driving
- You will save time and effort that are required when it comes to driving the car on your own
- Trusting strangers to handle the car shipping can be an issue, but if you go for a trusted auto shipping company, it shouldn’t be a problem
- You cannot put valuables in your car when transporting via a company, so if you want to move some other things, you will have to use a courier for them.
Over to You:
Car transportation to Alaska is not challenging whether you are doing it on your own or hiring an auto transport company. However, if you don’t have a lot of time on your hand and want to avoid the hassle of driving on your own, getting a vehicle shipping service will be a better choice.
For More Information About Car Transport To Alaska